Stanford Research Park
The Stanford at the Porter Drive complex is located in the midst of one of the world's most successful and best-known research parks. Founded in 1951, the Stanford Research Park has been home to many innovative and successful companies, from early electronic pioneers Bill Hewlett and David Packard, to brilliant physicists Russell and Sigurd Varian, to today's technology entrepreneurs.
Many of the companies in the Research Park have close relationships with Stanford faculty and students, who are just a bicycle ride away.
For example, many companies are able to:
- Sponsor joint research projects with Stanford faculty and students
- Conduct seminars and workshops that encourage the exchange of technical information
- Offer internships to students
- Recruit Stanford graduates
- Invite faculty to join corporate boards
- Retain faculty as consultants
- Consult with Stanford's Office of Technology Licensing
- Obtain access to the University Library systems