The Operations Team met every other week to think about and find solutions for how things will work at the new Stanford at Porter Drive facility. We still get together occasionally to work on specific issues as they arise. If you have ideas/suggestions in addition to those listed below, please contact us! Thanks in advance.
The areas of discussion included:
Parking and Transportation
We are also discussing:
- Visitor Parking
- Bike Rack/locker placement
- Guided bike orientation rides to Porter
- Car Share options
Building Facilities operations and maintenance for Stanford@Porter Drive will be coordinated by Facilities Operations and Stanford Management Company. As is true with on-campus facilities operations, this will be seamless to most of us.
Some of the features that we will be adding to the Stanford@Porter Drive campus include:
- A central receptionist in the Lobby
An operations coordinator: This person will coordinate building services and zone management including:
- Receiving mail, package and shipping deliveries
- Greeting of visitors, vendors, etc.
- Managing orders and delivery of central services (equipment, kitchens, water)
- Oversight of the buildings’ shared facilities and vehicles
- Coordinating conference room technology, Oracle Sundial support and space set-up/teardown
- Managing vendors, their contracts and service levels (includes services for recycling, garbage, coffee/water, mail, etc.).
- Providing central supply ordering and copier support
- Overseeing Vending machine / ATM/ food services/Good Earth café operations
- Overseeing security/emergency response/access control
- Parking management at Porter in conjunction with Stanford Parking and Transportation
- Project managing reconfigurations
- Operations manual for Porter drive
- Managing workshops, classes and events at Porter
- Trouble-shooting all of the above!
Stanford@Porter Drive has a Operations Coordinator. This position is responsible for coordination of building services and zone management services as noted below. In addition, the building manager will respond to building emergencies like this……
We have developed an emergency preparedness program for Stanford@ Porter Drive, and will be orienting the groups moving to this new campus prior to the June 2008 move date. Contact James Reynolds for more information.
The Stanford Research Park, like the main campus, is a relatively safe location. Public Safety will provide safety tips and short training sessions for the groups moving to Stanford@Porter drive. The buildings will have a Card Reader System for entry.
Information Technology is seamless at Porter Drive. The IT services group was responsible for::
- Building Connectivity to the Stanford Network
- Building Wiring
- Wireless access
- Desktop Support space for groups
- Shared lab and rack space for IT needs
Programs & Amenities
The following programs and amenities are available for the Stanford@Porter Drive campus:
- HIP classes
- Training Classes
- Central Kitchen Operations & Food
- Other programs and services as we define them going forward.
Please let us know your additional ideas/suggestions!